Thursday, February 13, 2014

It's A Double Celebration!

  Pretend it is Friday even though my draft post says otherwise.

                                                     HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

  Sending  wishes of love to all. This has been my favorite holiday for as long as I can remember despite that there were many years I did not have a significant other (of the male kind) to celebrate it with. I simply chose to celebrate the blessings of the friends I had made along the way. Of course now I have my DH of 30 yrs. now to celebrate with but also how apropos that our son would be born (over two weeks late-yikes!) on Valentine's day 26 years ago.
  
 So happy birthday dear Todd!!
  This is a pic I took of him with his MéMé (my Mom) on Christmas Day. She's about the only one he will smile with so I can get a pic-what's up with that???

 The other reason I'm posting this early is because we were hit with another 12 inches of snow since last night and we're supposed to expect  7 inches more with a chance of power outages! Look, even the snowman is getting tired of it:

                                                     this was a magazine page I've kept

 In keeping with the holiday I have envies I made to send Valentines in :

 I've mentioned in several posts that I love finding card stock cut out papers to use as stencils and this was another great find!



  Here is my February calendar spread in keeping with my Draw Your awesome Year class and Kate Crane's Calendar project. This was a specific prompt for the class:



  And if you're still with me  I have one more project to share. This is a card for the Simon Wednesday challenge this week. The theme is "get krafty"- use kraft card stock or the color kraft. I needed to get an anniversary card to a friend this week so this was the perfect opportunity to fulfill the themes for this post :)


  Products; kraft note card (Canvas Corp); white, olive, pink card stock (Paper Studio); patterned paper (Webster's Pages); clear stamp (Paper Trey Ink- Mega Mixed Messages set); Versafine Onyx Black ink (Tsukineko); floral border stamp (Magenta); Rouge Fluid Chalk Ink (Clearsnap); vintage button; paper flower (Spare Parts); die cut machine and Labels Eight dies (Spellbinders).

 My thanks to everyone again for your thoughts and words regarding my health. I am so happy to report that all my tests came out normal so all is well and all I need to do is keep track of my BP and stay on my med.

 So long as we don't lose power I am looking forward to linking to and visiting at Paint Party Friday, the Simon Wednesday Challenge blog; Art Journal Every Day; Kate Crane's Calendar Project and Creative Every Day.

    "Where your pleasure is, there is your treasure; where your treasure, there your heart; where your heart,    there your happiness".                 Saint Augustine
  



 

33 comments:

  1. I can see how the snow might be getting a bit tiresome now :(

    Lovely work Linda, I especially love the beautiful anniversary card.

    Sweet photo of your mum and Toddd :)

    Happy Valentines to you!

    Karen x


    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those hearts! :) They look so cheerful. And happy birthday to Todd. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have made lots of gorgeousness this week, lovely photos, too. Happy Valentine's Day. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, hearty and colourful creations and beautiful double celebrations! Thank you for sharing, Linda! Sending you big and warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your hearts look so lovely! Happy Birthday to Todd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. smashing projects Linda. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many hearts to you this Valentine's Day Linda....and Happy Birthday to Scott. He's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Birthday to your son. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Birthday to your son. Stay warm!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your Valentine's Day art looks wonderful! Happy Birthday Todd!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful hearts, beautiful colors! I wish you a Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really fun February calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to Todd. This is a lovely post. I like all of the hearts.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the hearts and fun cards you made! Your son looks so happy with his meme! My grandkids call me mimi too! (just spelled a little different) Happy Birthday to your son and happy Valentines day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely work! Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Birthday to your son too! Nice photo of him and grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That papercutout gives terrific results, and I looooove your calendar-spread! Such nice bright colours and so much movement. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such lovely art as always here Linda, I love your bright February pages, they are so warm and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthday and oh such gorgeous Valentine's ~ thanks

    artmusedog and carol
    www.acreativeharbor.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your envelopes! beautiful and clever! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sure hope you don't lose power, we had our big storm here and got 8", now it's all melting away! Love all your projects! waving hi from the melting hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful Valentine's art Linda, just so lovely and heartfelt. I too love Valentine's day, there something about a holiday that honors love that really appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. 12 inches of rain with another seven on the way? Puh, that is a lot, and I can understand that you get tired of it. Some snow is wonderful - too much and too long not. I hope you won't experience power outages.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The card is Lovely and the hearts are beautiful.
    HPPF :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Linda I love seeing your very handsome son with your mom!! Happy Birthday dear boy!! Yummy art here too...I see the Sharpe influence but in your own style....gorgeous work!! Happy belated Valentines to you....I have always loved the day too....even being single I always did something fun or special!!

    Big hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  25. my teenage son wont get his photo taken so well done..love the hearts and we actually had a nice day today and no rain!!!! keep warm with all that snow

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a wonderful pic of your son and his meme - spring will come sometime. It has been a very snowy winter. Just adore your February calendar pages - the hearts and the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So pleased that thing are going better health wise. Happy Valentine's!! Cute pic of your son and his grandma. I can't tell you how sick I am of the snow!! Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Linda I am so glad that you tests came out fine. It is such good news to get that information. So far I am doing ok in the test department as well. I have a few more tests to go but they are not the big ones. The medicine seems to be doing the trick for my BP as well.

    I really enjoy your calendar pages. They are always so bright and happy looking. Happy Valentines Day a little late. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely, lovely hearts and such a beautiful post !
    Happy belated Birthday to your son….very cute pic of him and his nan.Glad to hear your tests came out okay. Keep that BP down : )….art is one way : )


    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  30. Isn't is so hard to make sons smile! Mine is only 7 and I always need to coax him so much to smile for a picture. Great heart stencil. Love the calendar page and the anniversary card. I'm sure your friend must have loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy to read that you are doing well again...health stuff can be so unsettling and that is putting it mildly!
    Precious photo of your handsome son and his lovely MeMe ♥ ...
    Happy Belated Birthday to Todd!
    I can understand why Valentine's Day is extra special to you...
    it has always been a favorite of mine too and finally I feel I am coming around to being able to enjoy it again since 1999 when our world crashed and everything changed.
    Love your calendar pages for February!
    There is so much joy and warmth in everything you create dear Linda!
    oxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!